BIOFOR® filters are aerobic or anoxic process biological reactors that use attached growth technology for application in municipal or industrial wastewater treatment.
BIOFOR® SPECIFIC TECHNOLOGY
The BIOFOR® process is used primarily for the removal of BOD,
TSS and ammonia pollution in secondary and tertiary treatment.
BIOFOR® units discharge treated water that conforms to high
quality standards for every parameter thanks to the filtering action
of the BioliteTM filter media.
Because BIOFOR® is designed to treat higher organic loadings than
conventional systems, the units can accommodate higher filtration
velocities. The BIOFOR® units allow treatment of soluble pollution
and solids separation in one compact reactor, so no secondary
clarifiers are necessary. The PLC based control system automates
the filter operation.
HOW IT WORKS
The effluent to be treated enters continuously from the bottom of
the reactor and is distributed over the entire filter surface area by
the nozzle underdrain.The water then passes through the BioliteTM
filter media which retain the suspended solids. Carbonaceous and
nitrogenous pollution is eliminated through the high concentration
of fixed-film biomass which is retained on the filter media during
the filtration cycle.
In the aerated versions (for BOD removal and nitrification) process
air is introduced continuously into the lower part of the reactor by
Oxazur® air diffusers.
The use of a co-current upflow design helps to limit odor generation
since the treated water is situated at the surface of the filter (in
contact with the atmosphere), and the untreated water enters at
the bottom of the filter.
The number of filters in filtration service is according to the flow
entering the plant. During low flow periods, off-duty filters are
aerated periodically to maintain the biomass in optimum condition.
Since filters can be taken out of service when not required,
operating costs (due to process air production) can be reduced.
Download the complete description of this product by clicking on the link below:
- Upflow filtration in which feedwater flow expands the filter media leading to an even distribution of the biomass throughout the bed
- Co-current flow of feedwater and air prevents short circuiting and also extends the length of filter run times
- Quick adaptability to flow and load variations Exclusive nozzle floor design which allows for optimum distribution of fluids during filtration as well as wash sequences
- Highly efficient washing system to accommodate filter bed depths up to 13 ft (4.0 m)
- BIOFOR® C for BOD, COD and TSS removal
- BIOFOR® N for nitrification of ammonia nitrogen
- BIOFOR® C+N for simultaneous BOD removal and nitrification
- BIOFOR® pre-DN for nitrate removal as a pre-denitrification step without additional carbon source
- BIOFOR® post-DN for nitrate removal as a final denitrification step with carbon addition